Re: [fpu] I would like to join in the project.

Hey Guys,

Good to see something happening on this list at long last.

Well there seems to be 3 of us. If you're up for it we could push
forward with some specification, or at least a feature list.

Looking at the Web pages I think we'll need to be a bit less
ambitious with the number of operations we are going to support
if there is going to be any possibility of fitting the core onto
piece of silicon.

I'd suggest that an initial implementation of:

- Add/Subtract
- Multiply
- Comparisons
- Integer Conversion

Fully pipelined for one instruction per cycle with single percision
IEEE numbers would prove to be a substantial piece of hardware.

Any thoughts?

--
Barry O'Rourke          Email: orourke@cadence.com
Consulting Engineer     Fax: +44 1344 303947