Re: [pci] PCI core ( LICENSING )

> We use LGPL license. If you change anything in the core you have downloaded
> (in this case PCI IP Core), you have to report any modifications that you

Actually, the LGPL does not require quite that.
See section 2 of the LGPL.

> have made to the PCI IP Core. But you DO NOT have to give/report anything
> else (other sources/drivers, etc.) that was developed only by your staff.
> LGPL license is only relevant to the I.P. core that you have downloaded from
> OpenCores.

Yes, but as was discussed here (or perhaps it was one of the other
OpenCores mailing lists) recently, that does not help.

If something uses an LGPL licensed part, an end user must be able to
use it with a modified version of that LGPLed part. To make that
possible, you must provide some kind of 'linkable' version of the rest
of the design...

See sections 5 and 6 of the LGPL.

In short, I think the conclusion of the recent discussion was that
using the LGPL for a hardware design description is not really useful.