RE: [pci] PCI core ( LICENSING )

Hi!

We use LGPL license. If you change anything in the core you have downloaded
(in this case PCI IP Core), you have to report any modifications that you
have made to the PCI IP Core. But you DO NOT have to give/report anything
else (other sources/drivers, etc.) that was developed only by your staff.
LGPL license is only relevant to the I.P. core that you have downloaded from
OpenCores.

For example, if you by an ARM core and wish to connect it with a PCI IP Core
(from OpenCores), you would have to make some changes to the PCI IP Core in
order to connect to ARM core with AMBA bus. You are only obliged to report
changes that you have made to the PCI IP Core (as required by LGPL license).
You are not required to publish ARM core under the LGPL license and besides,
the ARM corporation WILL NOT ALLOW you to publish it's ARM core.

It is evident that LGPL license is only applicable to I.P. cores obtained
from OpenCores.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
	Tadej

NB: I have sent this mail to CORES mailing list also due to frequent
questions regarding licensing of the I.P. cores.