RE: [fpu] cooperation or not?

Hi Damjan !

>From: owner-fpu@opencores.org [mailto:owner-fpu@opencores.org]On Behalf
>Of Damjan Lampret
>
>Guys,
>
>I don't read my email for a day and you already start fighting. ;-)
>
>Seriously, I don't really see why you two started to fight in the first
>place. The only thing I see is that this could be blamed on my since I
>promised to write 'C' generator for test vectors and I didn't write it
>yet. So since you don't have test vectors you really can't say if
>Rudi's code works properly or not. But it is not important whether

I don't think this was the problem. Don't blame yourself.

>works properly or not. Important is that Rudi started working on
>
>I'll write 'C' generator right away. But not to verify who is right
>(Jamil or Rudi whether Rudi's code works ok or not) but to verify if
>the code works ok. Can you understand the difference. It is not
>important who is right. Important is to have working code eventually
>(not necessary today since we don't have a serious deadline). There is

I agree with all of your statements 100%. I never claimed that my code
is bug free. I just wanted for Jamil to put something behind his absurd
claims. I stated again and again that if there are bugs, I would like to
know about them and fix them.

>regards,
>Damjan
>
>PS I am always open for criticism (I think I didin't spell this word
>right or did I?).

I don't think anyone really cares about proper English, as long as we
speak the "technical" version. BTW: English is my 3rd language ! (Now I
speak 4, plus Verilog ;*)

Cheers,
rudi