Re: [openrisc] OpenRisc and ModelSim/Xst

> no external memory and needed the block memory for other things. So I used
> the generic registers.
> However these never get initialized in running with model sim, so the
> registers are stuck with an unknown
> value and the simulation goes no where. So I added in the following

Damon,

in OR1200 implementation there is no logic that would reset GPRs at reset
(to make design simpler). Instead a different approach has been taken. Reset
vector SW code sets all registers to zero. You can see this in reset vector
in all test cases, orp_mon, uclinux etc.

Note: GPR[0] can only be written once. It should be set to zero. After first
write it is no longer possible to change GPR[0] to ensure compliance with
architecture model where GPR[0] is always fixed to zero.

regards,
Damjan