Re: [openrisc] eCos & gcc bug

A couple of other things I should mention if you're going to run eCos
under ORP:

I had to change the base address for Flash from 'h04xxxxxx to 'hFxxxxxxx
in the ORP SOC verilog.  (The latter is what eCos expects, since that
was the documented Flash base address in the ORP specification linked
from the OpenCores web site.  As it turns out, there's good reason to
use the latter decoding range rather than the former:  Since the SRAM is
at 'h00xxxxxx, using 'hFxxxxxxx as the Flash address puts the two spaces
close enough to each other so that it's possible to make immediate
branches between them.)

The eCos code expects that the UART is clocked at 1/16 the CPU clock and
it sets the baud rate divider based on that.  You'll need to use
configtool to change the CPU speed (and hence the UART clock speed) that
eCos expects.

-Scott