Re: Re: Re: [bluetooth] FH Selector implementaion query...

Hi Khatib,

I've already simulated the FH Selection block and i got the result exactly same as the Sample data.

I have sent you all the files,there are in your mail.

My question is: How to implement for the Data Descrambler design??Please give me some guide.Because I have done the Scrambler design,and got the correct results.

Best regards

Chuan Chew

 Jamil Khatib  <khatib@opencores.org> WROTE :-

>From :  Jamil Khatib  <khatib@opencores.org>
TO :  ChuanChew Sin  <ccsin@k7mail.com>
CC :  bluetooth@opencores.org
Subject : Re: Re: [bluetooth] FH Selector implementaion query...

Hi,

First of all please do not send files over the mailing list send them to my
email directly and after reviewing them we will put them on the CVS.

Second please send me the files of all other blocks.

I'll review the files and send you my comments soon. Did you made a
simulation for them?

>One last question: Can you tell me how is the design for Data
de-scrambler??

What do you mean?

Regards,
Jamil Khatib

On 5/22/2003, "ChuanChew Sin" <ccsin@k7mail.com> wrote:

> ChuanChew Sin  <ccsin@k7mail.com> WROTE :-
>
>>From :  ChuanChew Sin  <ccsin@k7mail.com>
>TO :  ccsin@k7mail.com, anilnainwal@sofblueindia.com
>CC :  Jamil Khatib  <khatib@opencores.org>, bluetooth@opencores.org
>Subject : Re: [bluetooth] FH Selector implementaion query...
>
>Message Follows-:
>
>Hi Anil and Jamil,
>
>Long time have not heard from you,how are you??
>

>I have finally finished the FH Selection Kernel but just for 79hop
system.Currently i just do my verilog coding is in behavioral level. I will
change them to RTL level one day,quite busy recently.

>I will send you my code and the general description to you,there are total
7files. please give me advices.

UP0(LSB) is 0 and UP7(MSB) is 1.--------(1)

> Now, in both test benches, you have defined reg [`BYTE-1:0] uap, this means
if written in a format of (ABCD EFGH) , A will be MSB and H is LSB

>CASE 1: Now, when you initialize uap in test bench crc_sim you are
initializing it as

>uap= `BYTE'h47; ie 0100 0111
>
>      it means msb (UP7) is 0 and LSB (UP0) is 1. now compare it with (1)
and you will find it's mismatching. So here is the problem.

>CASE 2: When you initialize UAP in crc_sim1, what you are doing is.
>
>                        uap= `BYTE'h2e; ie 0010 1110.
>
>            This means MSB (UP7) is 0,. UP5= 1. UP1=1 and LSB(UP0)=0.
>
>            Now compare it again with (1) and you will find all the bits are
mismatching.

>I think Similar kind of problem is there while initializing others.
>
>Solution:
>
>            If you have defined reg [`BYTE-1:0] uap, then initialize uap as
(1110 0010) that comes to be E2. and not 2E.

>            But check the same problem while initializing other parameters
as well.

>Then one more solution that comes to my mind is you define reg [0:`BYTE-1]
uap,  and then initialize it as in CASE 1, ie 47 (0100 0111)  this will make
0 as MSB and 1 as LSB. And this is same as (1), I havenot tried it yet but
you try and then please tell me if it works.

>But do take care while initializing others, this is one basic problem i
could see on first go, I will check it more. but till then you try this and
also check that other initializations are fine.

>you are welcome to put your queries....
>
>If I am wrong..plz let me know.. suggestions will be appreciated.
>
>Best Regards
>
>Anil Nainwal

could find out the problem that i'm facing right now.