Re: [mu TECH] Trouble with AST Notebook

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 18:11:47 CEST

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 12:50:53PM +0200, Norberto Carnelli wrote:

> abort: mounting BOOT segment
> s)hell r)eboot"
>
> What's up ?

Oh, you got a prompt? Please, enter in s)hell and do

                # cat /proc/devices

Do you see an entry relative to "loop"?

> PS the interesting fact is that if i choose shell, then the laptop goes into shell
> and it does *NOT* freezes like it used to. I worked for some minutes in the shell
> going inside/outside dir, copying file and so on without a freeze. The only
> strange thing is that the function-keys (battery,bios config etc..) werent working,
> btw the system was usable (and from the dmesg i saw that the kernel correctly
> detected the APM-stuff)

Maybe, so kernel module conflits with apm. Try do re-configure mulinux,
answering "n" to all resources:

                # setup -f -a
                # setup -s

Michele

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous