Re: [mu TECH] Trouble with AST Notebook

From: Norberto Carnelli (ingegnere@libero.it)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 12:50:53 CEST

> You should download the kernel version with apm compiled into it
> from the mu site, you will lose the pc-speaker module, as I didnät
> have it at hand when compiling the kernel. If I recall correctly I
> compiled just about every possible solution for buggu apm bioses
> to that kernel, as my old Thinkpad 380e (486, 24mb mem, 800mb
> hd) had some issues with the orginal mu kernel.

I replaced the kernel in the installed mulinux (inside \startup\boot\)
but the laptop continued freezing with that kernel too.
So i decided to deltree the directory and reinstall everything,
booting the installation with your apm-enabled kernel,
but i got this error:

"Installing BOOT Segment...
mount : could not find any loop device, and, according to /proc/devices,
this kernel does not know about the loop device.
(if so, then recompile or 'insmod loop.o'.)

abort: mounting BOOT segment
s)hell r)eboot"

What's up ?

PS the interesting fact is that if i choose shell, then the laptop goes into shell
and it does *NOT* freezes like it used to. I worked for some minutes in the shell
going inside/outside dir, copying file and so on without a freeze. The only
strange thing is that the function-keys (battery,bios config etc..) werent working,
btw the system was usable (and from the dmesg i saw that the kernel correctly
detected the APM-stuff)

     Norberto Carnelli
    <ingegnere@libero.it>
<norberto.carnelli@xenia.it>