Re: [fpu] fdiv problem

on 8/28/00 20:14, Jamil Khatib at jamilkhatib75@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> what is the reason for that?
>>
>> Because that is the standard. That is what every
>> IEEE
>> compliant fpu uses.
>>

> Correct, but humen are created by God not by IEEE

Great we will talk to God and put a little Jamil in to
each OR1K to do the math.

>> If you would have read my previous emails, I would
>> not
>> have to waste my time and explain it to you again.
>>
>> The reason I am ignoring the host results are:
>> 1) I do not know how to set the rounding mode in C
>> 2) I do not know how to catch exceptions in C
>> 3) The author claims that SoftFloat is 100% IEEE
>> compliant. At this point I believe it.
>>

> Thanks for your time. this is because of miss of
> documentation

No this is because ignorance of Jamil Khatib, who only
selectively reads emails ...

>> Read the help screen. When you use -p option, it
>> will
>> use pre defined values from a table. If you want
>> random
>> code you should omit -p, then it will generate
>> semi-random
>> code. I do not change the seed, so the random code
>> will
>> always be based on the same seed. That's something
>> that
>> should be an option in the program. I will add it
>> later.
>
> thats right but I used the following command line
> pg -n 10 -v -o pattern.vec -r 0 -m 8
>
> see no -p !!!!!!

Do you actually understand English ????  Moran.
Reread the paragraph above again, and notice the
text about random code using the same seed all the
time.

>> I'm in constant communication with Dmajan, at this
>> point
>
> So that's fine if the Opencores is Damjan's work
> project only. if this kind of work will lead to
> private work (or advantage) for anyone I'll not
> continue working here

Oh my, aren't you a little prick !

Let's see, where to begin. Damjan has the opportunity
to build the OR1K in real silicon. Something you will
never experience again in YOUR life, unless you can convince
some poor fool that you are not a clueless little prick.

The code that I'm writing will be placed on opencores web
page and be made public.

> It seems that from the begining that you want to work
> alone on this project

No, I actually never wanted to work on the FPU. I got n email
from a guy in France, asking me if I had some basic single
precision floating point cores. I didn't, so I decided to
write them. After the basic functions where done, I placed it
to opencores.

That's when Damjan asked me if I would like to help out with
the FPU (He probably realized that you where unable to produce
anything).

> I should know that from the begining so as not to
> waste my time

Great ! Does this mean you will finally go away and stop wasting
my time ? Right now I'm spending more time replying to your emails
then doing verilog coding.

You are the most incapable person I have ever encountered ....

>> I feel it is more important to ensure that he can
>> use the
>> fpu.
> So he is more important than the opencores community
>
> I just want to tell you that you lost the spirit of
> the open hardware design.

Stop crying, we all know that you will never produce any
useful code ...

rudi