RE: [fpu] Rounding of Floating Point Numbers

Try to read a paper called "Lecture Notes on teh
status of IEEE standard 754 for Binary Floating-Point
Arithmetic" by Prof. W. Kahan.

There is a link for it in the FPU pages

There is a section about rounding,

There are three round to nearest approaches
1) Round to nearest even
2) round half-integers away from 0
3) truncate to integers towards 0

I suggest that the rounding mode should be selected by
a control word in the FPU

> I think it is worth the money. But I think chapters
> on fixed-point
> multiplication are even better than FP stuff. It
> also gives some tips
> how to make your design faster or more low power
> friendly (although
> nothing too special here).

I checked it in Amazon it costs $89 but one of its
reviewers said that it has no enough examples, is that
true?