Re: [usb] crc algorithm

Hi Tambunan,

> Do you know the explanation of algorithm below and
> those modules ( e.g usbf_crc5.v)?

usbf_crc5.v and usbf_crc16.v use parallel approach instead or bit-serial
approach, i.e. CRC5 and CRC16 generators take one cycle to process 11 bits
and 8 bits respectively. This is usually done for speed.

Let say you want to process x bits at each clock, then the crc register's
combination logic (based on input and crc register's present state) have to
be worked out. The combination logic output will the equivalent of the crc
register's value after x bits is shifted into a bit-serial crc generator. In
this manner, you will have the result in 1 cycle instead of x cycle.

cheers,
kwanie