Re: [pci] PCI <-> 8255 PIO

Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     emanuel> a.) What problems should I expect ?
>
> The Hirose connectors may be difficult to get.

I thought, that the whole purpose of a protype/demo boards is, that you
can make your own add-ons ?

Anybody has the type/order number of this connectors, so I could check
the availability upfront ?

>     emanuel> b.) how difficult would that be ? (boards & layouts are not a
>     emanuel> problem)
>
> You have to have some experience with Verilog and FPGA programming.

Some VHDL here, but I hope I don't need to much Verilog for that ...

>     emanuel> c.) are there still enough resources in the spartan II left
>     emanuel> (with the pci bridge & control for the 8255s), to add a DMA
>     emanuel> engine to it ?
>
> I guess, you could implement the 8255 in the FPGA too :-)

I was sure somebody would suggest that.
;-)
But, for strange reasons, I like to use the originals ...

cheers & thanks