Re: [pci] Trying to build CRT example with webpack 5.1 and the Memec 2S200 Board

    Miha> Hello!  I don't know a lot about WebPack software, so I can't help
    Miha> you there.  The crt application is not VGA compatible, that is why
    Miha> computer will beep, even when the card is detected.  We used
    Miha> special frame buffer driver for linux, to be able to display X
    Miha> Windows using the card.  The thing I don't understand is why the
    Miha> card is not detected.  Can you run "/sbin/lspci -v" when linux
    Miha> boots and check if the card is detected by linux?

The test I reported where done on a plain motherboard, without any bootable
medium. I only looked whether the card was recognized in the bios. Now I
plugged in the card into my normal PC (with my normal APG cards as first
video card) and it booted. Again, the card was not reported by the bios, but
lspci reports:
00:0d.0 Bridge: Unknown device 2321:0001 (rev 01)

I could also insmod spartan_fb.o after recompiling, and after "modprobe
fbcon-mac" . The kernel reports:
vesafb: framebuffer at 0xcf80000, mapped to 0xccf80000, size 300k
vesafb: mode is 640x480x8, linelength=640
vesafb: scrolling: redraw
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30
fb0: VESA VGA 1 frame buffer device
fb0: VESA VGA 1 frame buffer device

However I can't test with a monitor yet, as I placed the VGA connector on my
plug-in Board in such a silly position, that I can't connect the cable. I
have to think about an easy workaround and will report later.

Regarding Webpack: You can download Webpack for free from the Xilinx
site with a license for unlimited time and for recent devices with sensible
size (e.g. up to XC2S300E). XST as synthesis tool is included. I
think you use synplify as synthesis tool for openpci. I don't know of a
Snyplify version free of costs and not time limited. So with webpack, only
tools free of costs are involved in the toolchain (icarus, webpack, naxjp or
impact from xilinx). So I guess, people will appreciate support
for webpack in openpci. Download is about 160MByte, and the diskspace
installed is about 550 MByte. If you decide to test webpack, let me know if
you need help.

I would also like to upload at least the ucf file modified for the Memec
Spartan200 board. Obviously the Eagle design file for the plug in board are
not yet ready to use without modification, but at least they define the
connectors and more.

Bye