[pci] simulation

Good Morning from Southern California:
    I am spending the weekend trying to understand the test bench.
Basically, I struck out with my cheap shot yesterday at getting the bridge
running. It now seems that simulation will get me further then the logic
analyzer at least until I understand the relationship of the various
signals.

    That actually brings up a question. One of the reasons I had not gone
down the simulator path much was the pain and frustration of moving the
silly "dongle" from my work machine to my home machine and back again.
Admittedly, it is most painful and frustrating when I leave it in one place
and drive to the other. So... that begs a question. Is there some simulator
available for either windows or Linux (capitalization intentional) for free,
home, use so I can avoid carrying this Modeltech dongle back and forth??

Charles Krinke
http://home.pacbell.net/cfk