Re: [pci] How to start PCI BURST Transaction ?

At 01:34 AM 5/24/02 +0200, you wrote:
Hi All

I am developping a PCI-CARD. I need to read lots of data from it with
burst.

This is almost impossible on a WinTel-type machine.

The problem is, when I execute instruction on my PC:

mov cx,8
rep movsd

- pci bridge reads not in burst mode, but word by word: reads one word,
waits 450 ns, and reads next word and so on. This is definitely to slow !

How can I make it faster ?

Add master-moding to your PCI controller and burst write the data to the destination rather than attempt to read the data.

What should I write to which PCI bridge PORT on motherboard, to enable
Burst transaction ?

This will probably not help.