[pci] first day with Modelsim

Gentlemen:
    Please bear with me if I stumble here, this is my first Verilog experience. I have setup a system with Xilinx ISE Foundation (the new one) and I have Modelsim 5.6a running as a simulator. I can compile the pci_bridge with no errors and even see PAR (Place and Route) show what looks like a valid floorplan. Based on that, I think that I have the bridge options in pci_user_constants at least set to no error in compilation (guest, 2 pci images, 2 wb images, no define of either FPGA or XILINX [issue with RAMB4_S16_S16 but thats another story, I think]).

    I can also both compile and simulate with Modelsim. In running the simulator on the system.v file, I can see the first error I get is basically "*** monitor - PCI Test 1 OE signals have X's".

    So, can anyone help point me on the correct path to understanding and appreciating this wonderful (and complicated) piece of code that I have been studying for a couple of weeks now and just gotten to where I can now run simulation. I am kinda new at this and a bit lost right now.

    Maybe I have a host setting somewhere in the bench which should be guest, or maybe I have some option in pci_blue_options.vh set for external arbiter when it should be internal. Quite frankly, I don't know where to go next.

    A verbose answer for a newbie would be very appreciated.

Charles