Re: [pci] PCI IP core

Hi

Thanks for the dead link information. I put it away.

Regarding the questions, I will first answer on the second one, why
is the count (of the "images") limited from 2 to 5 instead of 1 to 6.
    The maximum number of all "images", as you also mentioned, is 6.
Of course you may use none of them or one or all six, but we (I guess
we wasn't so clear about this) were thinking, what should this PCI
core, we are trying to make, have. 1 image is used to access Device
Specific Configuration registers. So there are only 5 images left (that
is why 2 to 5). By default, the PCI core should have (it can also be
changed) 2 images, but the number is also adjustable to the max of 5.

If you don't like this, we can change it, but it is just the matter of
parameters, when synthesizing the core.

And the question, why is address mapping called "image".
    First, if you think (or you know), that address map can not be
called image, we will change it (we are not native speakers and also
Tundra uses this expression in theirs specs). Now I will try to explain,
how were we thinking. If you see one address space on one bus also
on the another bus with different (or even the same) base address, it
is like an image of an address space.

Thanks for qouestions and any suggestions.

Regards, Tadej.