[openrisc] or32-uclinux, or32-uclibc and or1ksim

HI,

The problem, connecting GDB to target board, is not yet fully solved.
I finally made GDB to be connected to my board through jp1-xess, JTAG server.
(I really thank you who gave me valuable advises. The problem was just because of my board.)
Now, downloading and running a program via GDB is functional, but setting break point is not.
I used or32-rtems-gdb. It was some....curious :)  I can't explain the problem exactly. I need more time to clarify the problem.

Anyway, I wanna test or32-uclinux (or or32-uclibc) tools with my board.
So I downloaded the tools and installed them as described in openrisc web page.
Unfortunately, I received error message at configuring or1ksim. I attached the log message below.
I red previous messages reporting the same difficulties, but I am not sure that or1ksim (especially for its testbench) can be run with or32-uclinux-*.
I am just novice in GNU compiler system. Could anyone tell me the differences between or32-uclinux-* and or32-uclibc-*?

/maunal

[root@vmlinux testbench]# ./configure --target=or32-uclinux
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for or32-uclinux-gcc... (cached) or32-uclibc-gcc
checking for or32-uclinux-ranlib... (cached) or32-uclibc-ranlib
checking for or32-uclinux-ld... (cached) or32-uclibc-ld
checking for or32-uclinux-sim... (cached) or32-uclinux-sim
checking for strerror in -lcposix... (cached) no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) or32-uclibc-gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) no
checking for gcc... (cached) or32-uclibc-gcc
checking whether the C compiler (or32-uclibc-gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

Do You Yahoo!?