[openrisc] OR1000 16 bit instruction set

Hi all,

What is the status of the 16 bit instruction set or OR1K processors?  Is
this no longer supported, or is this just on the back-burner until the
OR1200 is finished?

I would like to consider using the OR1K processors in actual ASICs at my
company, but we really need a smaller, more compact opcode than the 32
bit OR1200.  The application would most likely be low-power, low-cost,
hand held products.  Our products have limited FLASH memory, due to
cost, so the 16 bit instruction width would work much better for us.  We
currently use the ARM7TDMI.

Jeff