Re: [openip] a win98 platform suitable for development.

Hi
--- dang xiaoyu <xydang@harbin.cc> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I fully understand all the ideas about open
> ip core project. I am really interested in doing sth
> for this exciting project. Before I want to make my
> final decision to join it, i wonder if I work on a
> PC win98 machine and have some different design flow
> tools, will I be still able to work someting on this
> project.

Yes we do not have any constraint

> the software now availble for me (installed on my
> laptop);
> Protel 1999(for scheme and PCB)
> Altera max+plusII (for VHDL/FPGA);
>
> Pls tell me these tools are enough for the
> development.

you can start with any tool you like and up to the
supported level by this tool

Of course, any free-tool suggestion on
> win98 is welcome.

check the OpenTech cdrom contents

 I am afraid that the development
> requires a UNIX machine, which is obviously
> expensive for me.
>
> Maybe the work could be done in a linux environment.
> I have no exact info.

Linux can be installed on any PC and it is even more
stable than windows

> Quite a few of my EDA friends are interested in your
> reply.

In fact I'd like to get some of the already exisiting
open source EDA tools to be connected together if you
or any of your friends can help with that I'll be glad
and we will get a complete free open source solution

> Regards
>
> DANG Xiaoyu(Charlie)
> Room 423, No.7 Graduate Domitory
> 25#, GongJian St., Harbin Inst. of Tech.
> Harbin, 150001
> China

Regards
Jamil Khatib