[openip] a win98 platform suitable for development.

Hi,

I think I fully understand all the ideas about open ip core project. I am really interested in doing sth for this exciting project. Before I want to make my final decision to join it, i wonder if I work on a PC win98 machine and have some different design flow tools, will I be still able to work someting on this project.

the software now availble for me (installed on my laptop);
Protel 1999(for scheme and PCB)
Altera max+plusII (for VHDL/FPGA);

Pls tell me these tools are enough for the development. Of course, any free-tool suggestion on win98 is welcome. I am afraid that the development requires a UNIX machine, which is obviously expensive for me.

Maybe the work could be done in a linux environment. I have no exact info.

Quite a few of my EDA friends are interested in your reply.

Regards

DANG Xiaoyu(Charlie)
Room 423, No.7 Graduate Domitory
25#, GongJian St., Harbin Inst. of Tech.
Harbin, 150001
China