RE: [ethmac] modelsim problems and BD-(mis)understanding

Hi, Mathias,

please read my comments below.

Acctually the difference between DMA on non-DMA host interface is that DMA
interface has only one WISHBONE hook (WISHBONE slave) and a lot of other
stuff.
Non-DMA on the other hand has both. And nothing of the unnecessary stuff (I
hope so).
If there are other cores in the design then perhaps DMA core is needed.

> One question though: when there will be two versions of the
> interface, will
> you support/update them both or will the DMA-version be dropped
> and become
> obsolete? Perhaps it's not that much of a challange to support both
> versions, as only the wb-interface module will be different. (or..?)

Well, at the moment I'm thinking of droping the DMA version. I'll put two
files on cvs with two different names and you'll set in the defines which
one to use.

> { }
> >I'm glad to hear this. Believe me that's exactly what I'm trying to do
> >(besides all the rest that
> >keeps me busy so much :) . I already got some replies that
> people put some
> >parts of this core to
> >hardware (transmit part or anything else). There are many teams that are
> >working on it. I hope I
> >won't be the last one to send a packet over the internet :)
>
> Our secondary goal is sample scale ASIC-implementation, so if everything
> works out, we might set up a box so you can ping your own core!
> Sweet huh? :-)

Oh, yes, please do that.

> Thank you very much for your reply, we may report on our progress
> if anyone
> is interested.
>
> Regards,
> Mathias