From: zou.yixin@zte.com.cn [mailto:zou.yixin@zte.com.cn]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 4:37 AM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: [ethmac] 4p84: [ethmac] RE: [ethmac] 4p84: RE: [ethmac] mii rx
hold time

Hi,Igor
I am not building my own phy.I just wonder that why they (mac and phy)
treat the output signals differently?
The former outputs signals on the rising edge ,the latter output signals
on the falling edge?Both of
them,howerve, sample the input signals on the rising edge.
It is said hold time is not so important.10ns is too much,2ns is ok ?
I have little experience in ic. I am not familiar with them ,so I  ask u
and others.
I have learned a lot from the IP core(I am a newbie) and received a lot
of help from u and others.Thanks for all.

Regards.
 yxzhou

	"Igor Mohor" <igorm@opencores.org>
发件人: owner-ethmac@opencores.org

2001-12-27 18:21
请答复 给 ethmac

        收件人:        <ethmac@opencores.org>
        抄送:
        主题:        [ethmac] RE: [ethmac] 答复: RE: [ethmac] mii rx
hold time

I would say yes. Are you building your own phy. Why do you ask that?

Regards,
    Igor