Re: [ecc] My Viterbi Project and Problem(help)

Hi Peter,

It seems your answer is within your question - you don't have to use
register exchange - you can use traceback. That can save you realy a lot
of size by using block memories - though implementation will be a little
bit more complex. question - f(max) is your implementation result or a
requirement?

regards,
Lior

> > Hi ,
> > I am a student. I have finished my viterbi
> > project:K=7;Rate=1/2,2/3,7/8;3 bit Soft ;f(max)=11MHz. but it is
> > too
> > large (6464 Logic element in Altera's FPGA). I use Register
> > Exchange
> > methde to implement Survivor Select and Update. So I used 64 ACS
> > Unit.
> >
> > How can I do better in the decreasing area of the viterbi decoder
> > or
> > what is the problem of my decoder?
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Peter Ma

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **