[ecc] Question about SECDED.

Hi,

I'm new to the world of error correction/detections.

Memory controllers specify in-built ECC blocks. The widely used
term there is SECDED (single error correction double error detection).
This utilizes 39 lines for 32 bit memory interface and 72 lines for
64 bit mwmory interface.

One also sees terms like "Reed-Solomon Decoder", "Viterbi Decoder"
etc.  My question is how SECDED is related to these terms (Reed..,
Viterbi...).

Also if I could get some information about hardware implementation
of SECDED.. would be great.

Thanks and regards,

Amit.