Re: [cdrom] OpenTech cdrom comments

Howdy,

I would like to see IEEE standards on the CDROM, such as,
1284 parallel port, 1394 firewire, 802.3, USB, HUB, Device Bay,
Card Bus, PCMCIA, etc. Probably both in Verilog and VHDL
or at least have a free translator which goes between the two languages.

Also, glue logic to go between various functions, oh yes, just
like another standard.  Something we can all connect to and still
use all of these building blocks in a very easy fashion. Perhaps
we can all pitch in and develop a specification of sorts to interconnect
all of these various blocks together.

These would be good for perhaps the second or third CDROM
if not currently available. I do know of a PCI-X 133MHz core
which is free.  There are also many DSP and MCU architectures
available for free. Most people seem to be interested in Microprocessor's
or MicroComputer Units. However, much of the design is all the
extraneous functions, such as, 10/100/1000 Ethernet MAC's
(Media Access Controllers) etc.

I like this idea immensely. I am also trying to find as much free IP as
possible and am currently putting it on my own CDROM for future use.
However, your idea of proliferating the information is much better
and has more of an impact for other designers.

Also, do I send $6.00 US for Two CDROMS ?

Thanks for organizing this information.
Regards,
William