[bluetooth] Re: [oc] Re: Need a little direction

Hi,
--- Devesh Kothari <dkothari@protosys.com> wrote:
> > > one immediate question
> > > is if Bluetooth can be used unidirection (master
> ->
> > > client), just for
> > > multicast station.
> > > and client just silently picks up the
> data/stream
> > > for example mp3
> >
> > In fact there is no such operation in bluetooth
> > because the slave must acknowledge the incoming
> > packets.
> >
> > But the slave (client) can acknowledge the
> incoming
> > packets and the master do not do any thing for
> them.
>
> what happens if the master does not get the client
> response packet,

This depends on the packet type.
SCO: Audio or video there is no need to acknowldege
them
ACL: they must be acknowledged or the packet will be
retransmitted again in unicast link
in broad cast there is no need to acknowledge

> I am thinking about a scenario, where the master has
> a higher powered
> antenna, and coverage radius for example 100meters
> while that of client is
> only 10meters. In that scenario, can client still
> quitely accept all
> broadcast data

No

> I believe bluetooth the master needs to know the
> client, so it and client
> can sync
> slots, but is there no way to just have a broadcast
> slot or time in
> bluetooth on which
> we send our mp3, and the client just recieves it.

Sure master must establish piconet with slaves in
order to send packets even boradcast packets

But sill I do not know why you do not want the client
to react to incoming packets, these operations will be
done in hardware and firmware.