Re: [bluetooth] Comments on RF interface

Yep.
Jørgen

Jamil Khatib wrote:

> Hi,
> So this means that our suggested RF interface should
> wrok with the Slicide RF chip. Anyhow I suggested that
> the RF bridge clock should be between 10-20MHz which
> should be sufficuent to operate your SPI interface.
>
> The RF interface is described at
> http://www.opencores.org/cores/bluetooth/BBspec.shtml
>
> Regards
> Jamil Khatib
> --- Jørgen Kragh Jakobsen <jkj@silicide.dk> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I'm working on a RF front end from Silicide. We have
> > chosen to implement
> > a low
> > pin count serial interface only. The front end is
> > controlled by register
> > parameter
> > values and front end state.
> > Basically the device has a control mode for setting
> > up the Tx/Rx chain
> > parameter values
> > and is put in either Tx or Rx mode.
> > All we need on the baseband controller side is a SPI
> > capable of writing
> > 16 bits to one of 63
> > addresses within 2-3 usec. In Tx/Rx mode the data
> > bits is driven at the
> > data rate on the
> > same interface. This feature calls for some extra
> > circuit on the
> > baseband SPI side but
> > should be basic stuff.
> > As I see the current RF interface suggestion I guess
> > a interface wrapper
> > to our front end
> > can be done if the SPI write data rate of 16 bits in
> > 2-3 uSec. will
> > hold.
> > The 7 bit hop frequency signal will be rather front
> > end dependend and
> > needs a table look
> > up / translation to fit from one RF chip frequency
> > plan to another.
> >
> > Considering the rest of the baseband implementation
> > i will suggest to
> > open a HW/SW split
> > argumentation to get a good starting point for the
> > project.
> >
> > Regards
> > Jørgen Kragh Jakobsen
> > Asic Designer, Silicide Microelectronics
> >

> > --

Jørgen Kragh Jakobsen
ASIC Design Engineer
                                  Phone +45 70224495
Fredericiagade 16, 5. floor         Fax +45 70224496
DK-1310 Copenhagen K.            Mobile +45 26137706
Sankt Pauls Gade 72, 1. tv.       Phone +45 33337707
DK-1313 København K.             Mobile +45 26137706