Re: [Mu] RE: Problem with Addons

From: Dave Houghton (mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 22:46:03 CEST

    13/04/2003 23:54:56, Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> wrote:

    >On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:48:51PM +0200, Maxim Belooussov nicely wrote:
    >>
    >> If you read between the lines, you could later make a shortcut for
    >> file "linux.bat", and specify "MS-DOS mode" in its properties, too.
    >> You'd be rebooting your machine right into muLinux then :D
    >>

    >Did You really tested that, Maxim? I have no win-ME and never
    >tried.

    Hi Michele,

    I've got ME and I can tell you it doesn't work. All that gives is a "dos box" running within windows. Loadlin,
    or is it syslinux, can't remember!, won't run in windows dos emulation. The only way under win me is to
    boot from floppy using bootdisk in true dos mode. If the users floppy is broke then the only way is to get it
    replaced!

    Just a thought. Has lilo been ported to run under cygwin??.If it has then you should be able to use lilo to
    create mbr to boot a umsdos mulinux image.....if that makes sense.. I know what my brain is trying to think
    but can't quite get it to sound right in e-maqil!!!

    Dave H