Re: [Mu] RE: Problem with Addons

From: Maxim Belooussov (m.belooussov@chello.nl)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 20:48:51 CEST

    Hello Luca,
    Luca,

    Don't warry, there's always another way, even in Windows ;)

    1. Create a new shortcut on your desktop
    2. Type in "command.com" as the program name.
    3. Then select its Properties, Program, Advanced, and specify "MS-DOS
    Mode"
    4. You don't really have to specify any other things there... just
    leave the fields empty

    After this you'd be able to safely go into DOS and run linux
    installer.

    To return from MS-DOS mode into Windows ME, type "exit".

    If you read between the lines, you could later make a shortcut for
    file "linux.bat", and specify "MS-DOS mode" in its properties, too.
    You'd be rebooting your machine right into muLinux then :D

    Hope this helps,

    Max