Re: [mu Setup] USR mounting

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 11:39:17 CET

    On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 10:28:35AM +0100, zaltar nicely wrote:
    > Quote:
    > "The fact that these commends are not available makes me think that the /usr
    > filesystem is not mounted. If you haven't started in maintenance mode, maybe
    > you answered no to the question whether you want to mount /usr during your
    > setup.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    > Jeroen Sangers"
    >
    > Message:
    > How can I do to fix this situation?
    > Maybe a "setup -f USR" followed by a "setup -s lock"?
    > And if mu just asks me for an update or skip?
    > See ya,
    > Zaltar.

    First, write:

            # setup usr

    If you see "skipped" or "unwanted", this means you answered N to this
    important, crucial, resourse.
    In this case:

                    # setup -f usr
                    # setup -s lock

    I left USR as an option, because this was the very first addon in muLinux,
    and it resides on the 3th segment of the base floppy.

    Originally, USR was the only addon in muLinux. Skipping it, give us
    the chance to run in 4Mega or less.

    Michele

    --
    "Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
    results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)