Re: mulinux addon

From: no one (neverbefound@subdimension.com)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 15:24:50 CET

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:01:40 +0000
"LEE EK WEE" <triangle2020@hotmail.com> pleasently wrote:

> Hi,
> I wanted to make an addon for mulinux. The help document asked me to create
> some new /usr/XYZ directories in /tree. Where is /tree?
You need to unpack the mulinux-13<BLAH> .tgz on some linux partition / loop device. Should be able to do it from an already installed mulinux.

Run './mu -u ' and it will unpack all the mulinux root directories + that of all the .tgz's in the 'mu' directory into a director called 'tree'.

You then create all your folders, install your binaries & create you addon by running 'mu' again
> Also, I need to add the XYZ reference in /setup/addon. But there is no
> "addon" directory in /setup.
err....
/setup/fun
?

Last time I checked, all the addons were just sym-links to ADDON.fun ; you'll have to take code from ADDON.fun & write your own / make a patch to give to michele...

Good luck! Make sure to take any libraries you need with you!

Oh, /bin/prolog will be executed when your addon loads, in case you need to set up any files / load up servers etc.

Jarvist

P.S. Incurable curiosity, what is this addon for?

--
Courdoroy pillows- They're making headlines!