Re: can't install - DOS w. <4M

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 18:15:39 CEST

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 02:33:34PM +0200, Ruzsinszky Attila nicely wrote:
> > If you run the batches, first is that the mulinux...tgz is renamed to
> mu.tgz. Itīs
> > only for you to know which version you, for example the actual name is
> > mulinux-12r0.tgz
> > So it doesnīt matter.
> OK. I forgot unpack.bat.
>
> There is new problem:
> The steps:
> 1.CTRL-ALT-DEL
> 2.mkdir c:\mulinux
> 3.cp a:\dosutils.zip c:\mulinux
> 4.unzip dosutils.zip
> on OTHER MACHINE->maker.bat->ROOT floppy
> 5.lowmem.bat
> kernel booting
> INSERT ROOT floppy
> making swap on /dev/hda [16MB]
> 1) Create the image disk for the BOOT/ROOT/USR and other addons floppies
> Scanning dirs...
> muLinux now tries to create floppy #1
> May I [y]
> Insert a floppy-disk labelled "BOOT"
> floppy change
> Superformatting...
> floppy0: disk absent or changed during operation
>
> So I think I can't remove ROOT disk to make BOOT disk!
> What is the solution?

lowmem.bat proved a system that get its root from the floppy disk, like
the old Amiga 1000 computer.
I do not remember why I provided it, a this momement. Maybe, it is
useable only in the purpose of direct-UMSDOS-cloning, not floppy-cloning.

Michele

--
I keep trying to locate a meeting of Quantum Physicists. But everytime
they set a meeting time, the location changes. And vice versa -- Anonymous