RE: Making the 172Mb disks.......I just can't get it to work..beginner!

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 02:26:05 CEST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Although I can't say for certain, I think maybe all floppies are built in one factory*grin*
I've seen no difference in "bad block count" between expensive and cheap floppies.
I've also noticed the some motherboards don't like making install floppies..........I've got a cheapie socket seven board with a TX-pro chipset that just WILL NOT either make mulinux floppies nor boot mulinux from floppies made on another machine.....while booting from an mulinux floppy init starts and then the boot cycle starts over from square one....
winsor