Re: [SETUP] mke2fs and what then? -continued

From: A Mooron (moorons@themail.co.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 00:12:50 CEST

>That's right I am installing from floppies but I also set up a swap
>partition. Setting up the swap I get no errors. Still the fstab doesn't
>look right though I'm not sure... My HD has an EXT2 and a linux swap
>partition.
>
>What seems to be the problem right now is that I cannot install the SRV
>addon which prevents me from running clone since it uses lilo (from
>SRV). When running 'setup -f SRV' I get the error:
>
> unknown compressor, abort
>
>Could you help me out on that??
Er....
There was a horrific bug in one of the mulinux's addon code that stopped
it from loading addons - it tried it genetically.... but this worked
previously?
Are you using an up to date version?
Is the server addib dusc OK? Is it correct (1722) formated & CATed?

{bastardised attempt}
Try a
cat /dev/fd0H1722 > /tmp/SRV.tgz
setup -f SRV -source /tmp/SRV.tgz
 The above -source option is from memory - read the login paragraph
information, its exact syntax is in there....

Or just blast the lilo to a floppy (ext2 or dos; doesn't matter)
and then put it in your ram mulinux's path somewhere... and run clone

See if that works...

Hope it helped...

Jarvist ;-)