Re: Cripple the Base Floppy ???

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@snafu.de)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 22:29:05 CET

Am Die, 19 Dez 2000 schrieb Michele Andreoli:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 12:26:25PM +0100, Gerrit Lammert nicely wrote:

> > IF Michele WOULD place the mentioned scripts to the add-ons,
> I, reading your apolog about leader etc, I suspected some
> misunderstanding in the background, but now I'm sure of that.

There actually has been kind of a misunderstanding but it seems this
time it was a misunderstanding of *mine*.

> Please, if the meaning of the apolog is that I'm a sort of
> autoritative and fascist owner of muLinux, I'm very sorry if I
> created this impression with words or actions.

Michele, please believe me: when re-reading Gerrits letter again now
I cannot see any comment going into this direction.

It was solely my fault not to have read it carefully enough before
composing my reply, I am sorry about having caused confusion.

> The truth is that I'm too easily influenced by user's request and
> we have to thank Karl-Heinz Zimmer if muLinux is still consistent
> with the original design.

<flush> :-D

Ok, thanks for giving me that credit but there is also another 'truth'
that might be worth mentioning: good Karl-Heinz is even more famous
for having a big mouth and writing somewhat angry letters instead of
using his brain first.

*Fortunately* it turned out that my wife has been on a little shopping
tour today and she brought 2 litres of bottermelk (== kaerne melk)
which is my absolute favorite fluid (besides from Riesling, of course)
so the sun is shining at me again and I see that my behaviour when
writing that letter was 'not very polite'. I am sorry for that and
I hope Gerrit will not think this is the normal way of conversation
on this mailing list now: it just is what happens when Karl-Heinz had
some extraordinary bad days - nothing to really worry about! ;-)

(Did somebody ask why I had such a bad time? Did you have a look
 at the value of Nasdaq-SUNW shares recently? Need I say more?)

Kindest regards,

Karl-Heinz