Re: [WAY OFF-TOPIC] A request off a little program.

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 10:03:39 CET

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 09:21:58PM +0100, Mark Roberts nicely wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Vesa-Pekka Palmu wrote:
>
> > I'm in need of a simple M$-DOS program that would go
> > trought two text files (LW3.CFG & LWM3.CFG) and replace a
> > string [REPLACE_ME] with curent directory.

Is it important that the program must run on DOS?

> > I would also be extra happy to hava a cgi-srcipt that would create a
> > list off all .mpg file is a gicen directory makin links to them and
> > showing their sizes.

Do this does run on muLinux? If yes the cgi in shell is very simple,
and someone on the list will realize as exercise.

> Hello, has nobody replied to this yet?
>
> Surely what you want is a five line c-program and another thirty line
> c-program? What's the problem? Have you no c-compiler for dos? I have
> djgpp here (which is a dos port of gcc and g++), do you still need those
> programs? I'm all fingers.

What's the dimension in Kb of the djgpp package?

Michele

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen