Re: Connecting Commodore PET to mu

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (depili@sci.fi)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 12:06:55 CEST

I can remember using a parnelk prot on a old 286 to connect it to the C64 disk drive (1451 if I remember) And I think that I have seen some programs for DOS to fake a commodore device using parnel port. So i think that if you get the info about the commodore serial line, you can build a cablöe and programs that you can use to create a commoderi device to the serial line and read and write that device to transfer the commands to the Linux machine.

So I think that the best thing would be to leave the user port alone and go for the serial line. You could also ask this in some commodore newsgruops, because i think that from there you might be able to get even complette listings for andling that serial line.