Re: plip with mulinux + rc.local question

From: Lisias A. Toledo (lisias@unforgettable.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 03:03:33 CEST

Gerrit Lammert wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Nowadays the main use of the MASTER is a server, so I put this line on
[...]
> server, but I'm *stubborn* (i hate translators!!!)... 8-P
>
> Ehm, start rc.local from rc.4?
>
> It seems that rc.3 calls your rc.local, but rc.4 doesn't. Could it be as
> simple as that?

No, but you almost did it.

In fact, RedHat 5.2 uses dirs like [/etc/rc.d/rc3.d] with symlinks to scripts living in [/etc/rc.d/init.d], and you put symlinks on [rc?.d] to start the services you want on that runlevel. I think this is a System V style init.

Well... the [S99local] symlink is missing on [rc4.d]. I put it there. Job done.

I was confused because I searched for rc.local in all scripts on [/etc/rc.d], and don't had found nothing... I forgot to look in the [rc?.d] dirs, in part because I had think this dirs was just to start services, and I don't had see [rc.local] as a service...

Thanks!!!

--
 []s,