Some strange things..

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (depili@sci.fi)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 12:18:14 CEST

Just some things that i have noticed on my mu journeys:

Passwords are limited to 8 chars Not that much of a problem, but I
would like to see some text file telling me this fact.

Lilo & boot message: When i tried to get the standard mulinux.msg to
work with lilo (message=/boot/mulinux.msg) I allways ran into
segmantation faults, when i made a symlink of the mulinux.msg to message
and chanced the lilo.conf acordingly (message=/boot/message) all worked
fine...

Why isn't the Quickbasic to C proggie compiled int the gcc addon, only
sources are included? compiling work well, but takes time on 486..

And wish list:

Write the setup in C so that it would be faster (takes AGES to run on my
thinkpad)

Create that kernel update -addon disk....

Someone (or me) make a documentation add-on wich should include least
all man pages for mu commands (-ash, elvis etc.) and most of the HOWTOs
(least low men, laptop etc)