Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] muLinux v9r2 released

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 22:30:28 CEST

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 09:12:04PM +0100, Jean Buchet nicely wrote:

> I've upgraded to 9r0 recently, and now here comes 9r2!
> Is there a way to simply upgrage the system without having to reintall boot/ root and ext floppies, ie some kind of diff for the system?

This answer is also for Alfie, who ask similar question.
Answer is: no. I've no times to implement and mantains a patch
system by hand.

I add and remove files randomly in the tree/ directory. To automatize
that is a little complex, but possible.

A possible scenario: to add a new switch (-p ?) to "mu" script.
mu -p compare, file-to-file, the tree/ content with the previous
mulinux-VERSION.tgz (or user supplied), and produce a sort of
archive/patch able to do the dirty work in a installed system.

A sort of revolution in muLinux!

Michele