Re: mu - Tech - sendmail and bare LF ; diald.conf

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 19:34:59 CEST

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 11:18:05AM +0000, Thomas Wille nicely wrote:
> First of all let me say a "mille grazie" to Michele for your quick and
> helpful reply. Studying the two mentioned files I learnt much about the
> mu-sendmail-processing.

In the files /usr/script/*.pro, you can see the imitations of common
protocol as POP3, SMP3, NNTP. They are simply hack.

> Also thank you to all members of the mailing list for the nice and
> tolerant manner of posting. I did not find an RTFM or similar in any of
> the about 200 postings I got last week. ;-)

This is *not* a Linux newsgroup :-)

> BTW: (is there a man-page or similar of the ash anywhere in the web?)

The syntax allowed is more like bash, with a lot of unresolved bug.
I think, man bash in you Linux does the works.

Original was : echo -e "$@\r"

> I also added a send "" to the smtp.pro - script.

Original was:

                # send "." .\r
                # send "quit" quit\r

> and I got following sendmail.log sequences:
>
> ----------snip-----------------
> sent [MAIL FROM:thomas.wille@gmx.de]
> expect [*250*]
> -> got [502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)]

The sequence \r\n.\r\n means "a single . on a own row"

> I wonder if somebody uses mulinux for sending mails, I did not find any

This a rare event! Electronics Mail advantage is archiviation on your
hard-disk; to fetch/send emails, using scripts on a RAMDISK OS,
on daily-basis is non-sense.

Scripts like "sendmail", "fetchmail", "rpost" etc are emergency tools
for the first floppy. I developed them when muLinux was a *single*
floppy system, as demonstration.

Michele