Re: mu - Tech - sendmail and bare LF ; diald.conf

From: Thomas Wille (thomas.wille@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 13:18:05 CEST

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Michele Andreoli nicely wrote:

> From: Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it>
> Subject: Re: mu - Tech - sendmail and bare LF ; diald.conf
> To: mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk
>

> Open the file /usr/script/net.lib and locate the function send(), then
> change
>
> echo -e "$@\r" ->>> echo -e "$@\r\n"
>
> A unix2dos is already in for the body: see the file smtp.pro, in the
> same directory.
> In this file, try to change "send ." with:
>
> send ""
> send "."
>
> Now, the two instructions send \r\n . \r\n.
>
> Uhmm ... this is a Microsoft mail server?

No; the error-messages came from qmail, a unix-program.

First of all let me say a "mille grazie" to Michele for your quick and
helpful reply. Studying the two mentioned files I learnt much about the
mu-sendmail-processing.

Also thank you to all members of the mailing list for the nice and
tolerant manner of posting. I did not find an RTFM or similar in any of
the about 200 postings I got last week. ;-)
BTW: (is there a man-page or similar of the ash anywhere in the web?)

Following I give some intermediate results of my experiences in altering
the 2 scripts.

originally I found in net.lib in the send-subroutine: echo -e "$@"

I changed it to echo -e "$@\r\n".

I also added a send "" to the smtp.pro - script.

and I got following sendmail.log sequences:

sent [MAIL FROM:thomas.wille@gmx.de]
expect [*250*]
-> got [502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)]