Re: Re: Workbone

From: Dave Houghton (davehoughton@mulinux.free-online.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 02:35:20 CET

On 26 Dec 1999, Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> wrote:

>On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 09:26:20PM +0000, Clive Wright nicely wrote:

<snip>

>> I have patched my binary to fix the volume control for my mulinux box.
>> Now 6376 bytes but with my limited knowledge of "C" I could not debug
>> the repeat track problem.
>
>The "m" toggle do not works?
>

>> I attached the binary to an email to Dave Houghton. I assume he used RNA
>> to download his email as the attachment arrived encoded as base64.
>> Is there any facility within mu to convert this back to an executable?

Yes there is, forward it to yourself and boot up that bloody awfull MS stuff... or get the sender to use uuencoding ( hint,hint Clive). I tried your patched binary Clive and it works just the same as the unpatched version for me, but I've never had the volume control problem that you have, so I'm still scratching my head and getting splinters.

>Dave is mad guy if insist to use RNA as production tool!

'Ere who you calling mad, you wrote the damn thing!
As for Quark, everyone knows that quarks don't exist, they were dreamed up to justify the employment of scientists and mathematicians all of whome are 2 peperonie's short of a piza.

>> On the subject of debugging the metastable version of mu (I can just
>> about follow the reasoning using differentiation [dx=0 could be an
>> inflection] but mathematics was never my strong subject).

Ah yes but differentiating muLinux:-

let dx=muLinux
as dx -> 0
then dy -> insanity

looks like we're back to Quantum physics again.

>> I will send separate postings of features I have found that although not
>> critical may be areas for improvement.
>>
>> Clive
>>

>Thanx Clive,
>
>Michele

------
Dave g0mxw
muLinux U.K. mirror

You don't have to be mad to work here, but a sense of humour definately helps.
Pass me the white coat with the nice straps Matron..