Re: AW: Fractured english in muLinux

From: Ripcrd6 (ripcrd6@worldinter.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 20:59:01 CET

----- Original Message -----
From: Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it>

> On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 02:39:11PM +0100, Kochenburger Andreas nicely
wrote:
> > Our little language discussion reminds me of Clockwork Orange.
> > Recommended reading! There is also a movie (by Cubrick?) which
> > is "not too bad".
>
> You means "Arancia meccanica?". This is a *cult* Kubrick movie!
> Yes, the language in this book is very, very original: I read it in
> italian, but I was able to understand the slang feature.
> I'm sure, my fractured english may seems strictly similar to him.

When I first saw this movie I didn't understand the slang. Then years
later in college I saw it again and recognized all the phrases from my
semester of Russian. Ah, Russian, harsh, yet melodic, and as hard to wrap
your tongue and lips around as Klingon. By the way, Klingon was designed
to be hard to speak. They never thought someone would want to learn it.
:-) The fractured English and Italian is much easier to understand than
those.
My $.02
Brian
Y2K Flunky