Re: Web site hosting offer

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 23:30:13 CEST

Am 30.04.1999, 01:34:18, schrieb Michele Andreoli:

> FLUG give me an email address also (mulinux@mulinux.firenze.linux.it)
> the /cgi-bin/ access, and a shell account.

Fine !!

> May be, in the future, I might try some kind of direct network
> installation. I like complexity.

So there are still some more great things to come... ;-)

Michele, from Hamburg the access to FLUG server goes without any
problems, so now please take a decision:

- shall we ask Esben to mirror that site ?

- or shall i do the part of tranfering the data
  from Firenze to Aalborg ?

I am glad, that you have been able to find a nice web place in your
region, but nevertheless: at my humble opinion it really could be
better to act as if Aalborg were the true homepage: when you announce
on the USENET that there's a new homepage for muLinux and it can be
found at Aalborg all the people will look there first.

Since most human beings normaly do not want to think more that they
absolutely MUST think, most of the people will not go to a mirror but
stay at the first place and try to download from there.

I think, when it comes to REAL traffic Aalborg will provide a better
performance than Firenze, right ?

Greetings,

Schoenen Gruss,

    Karl-Heinz

--
    1. Braunschweiger Linux-Tage: 07. - 09. Mai '99
          http://Braunschweiger.LinuxTage.de