Re: Go to the SunSite!

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Sun Apr 25 1999 - 20:53:20 CEST

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 05:40:59PM +0200, Andrea Manzini wrote:
> While I was hacking, Michele Andreoli wrote:
>
> > I compiled a new generation kernel (2.2.2) and done some trial with muLinux.
> > Many tools simply don't work (route, ipfwadm, loadlin, etc) and
> > some recompilation activity is needed.
>
> is there a reason for using the new kernel in mulinux ? I see only
> disavantages.

You are right. But in the future? What happen when we cannot found
some driver for muLinux?
And what you think about PCMCIA? new pcmcia package will work anyway
with 2.0.36 kernel? I don't know.

I would like the new kernel for two reasons:

        1) better sound support: a module with irq selectable at run-time,
                I hope. We can to forget the SB irq=5/7 problem
        2) NT file system access.

(PC-speaker still unsupported in new kernel!)

Anycase, don't worry yourself: this a long term question.

Michele

--
Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?