About your mulinux...

From: Santiago Romero (sromero@arrakis.es)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 21:15:48 CEST

I now include a message I sent to Michele Andreoli
and that can maybe help someone to discover the great
features of mulinux...

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Santiago Romero wrote:
>
> > And now, some advices :)
> >
> > Things people likes which there are not located on
> > mulinux :) Putting those things your mulinux won't
> > need external programs...
> >
> > joe -> small and fast editor, copy/paste, etc...
> > mtools -> NEEDED to work with disks fast.
>
> Sorry Santiago, for delay. An hardware problem on
> my HD occurred :(

 Sorry.

> My work with muLinux is stopped.

 I've started adding my programs...
I've included zip, unzip, fdformat, mkdosfs, diskcopy,
joe, gpm, true telnet, and my own inet scripts, and I
still have 73kb free on mem (USR.bz2=670kb)...

> joe is 200-300K! mtools!

 I left mtools out, but included joe (mine was only 122k).

> I believe You need a true Linux!

 I already have one, but at home :)
 Now I've finished including binaries to mulinux, it's
time to use it at the uni! :) Today the first test was
a success, I gone to my girlfriend's house and connected
to Internet via ppp, used ftp, lynx, telnet, edited files
with joe, played cds, worked with X Window, made a 16kb
swap file, etc etc etc... Tomorrow I'll try to test the
internet conection via lan. If it works, your mulinux will
be a revolution for me when working at the uni :)

 See yoU!

 Santiago Romero  AKA NoP/Compiler / sromero@arrakis.es
 Electronics Engineering and Telecommunications Student
            http://members.xoom.com/sromero