Re: [video] Need some information, please

Welcome Aboard fellow Phud wannabe...

There are probably a miilion people looking at this same problem I'll bet,
and running into the same walls. See the following for some idea as to
the difficulty of the problem...

First, LOOK at the size and complexity of the following board... this
WILL do what you want for $250, if you can figure out the pinout of
your notebook LCD, AND then build an interface board for it. (For
another $65 or so EarthLCD will supposedly figure out what interface
your LCD panel uses... HOW... I don't know.)

http://www.earthlcd.com/CNTEVAD2.htm

then look AGAIN at the following ton of hard work...
http://www.opencores.org/projects/vga_lcd/
http://www.opencores.org/tmp/cvsget_cache/vga_lcd/doc/vga_core.pdf

also see the following TI pinout for an LVDS interface chip
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/slls407c/slls407c.pdf

and see also...
http://www.eio.com/lcdconnect.htm
http://www.epanorama.net/wwwboard/messages/4481.html

and why do you need to build an interface board??? see...
http://www.geocities.com/p9019/lcdpanel

As you can see, it is a complex problem. (So, if you write the verilog for
a 14" TFT core lemme know... ;)

Saddly, I have no good info to give you on all of the various pinouts and
interface standards... I'm still working on that part myself, although
your right - there just ARENT that many notebook graphics card
manufacturers and MY leftover notbook LCD is off an ATI Rage Pro Lt...

There Has GOT to be a place to LEARN about LCD panel Interface
standards, AND how to tell what you've got... the EarthLCD guys can
do it... why not us???

Mr. Richard Herveille would probably know about all these standards
http://www.opencores.org/people/rherveille
maybe we can get his input on this thread.

Good Luck, I hope this helps alittle.
MSEE (Phud wannabe)